I’m happy to accept the Sunshine Blogger Award from Lyndsay at Officially Gluten Free. Check out her blog for great-looking photos of her yummy GF creations and also her positive encouragement and testimony about her own GF journey. Thank you so much, Lyndsay!
Awarding and receiving these awards help in connecting the blogging community, help in encouraging one another, and help in promoting honor, respect, and recognition.
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Here are my 10 questions to answer:
1. Do you live in the same town/city or country that you lived in when you were a child? No, I don’t. I grew up in the suburbs of Tulsa, OK, then moved to the country in southwest Missouri for my junior and senior year of high school. I met my husband in college and we moved to his hometown in the country for his job after we got married. 2. If could only spend $10 for the rest of the week what would you spend it on?
3. What is your favorite dessert? Brownies instantly come to mind, no wait, cheesecake…although my grandmother’s coconut cream pie is high up on the priority list. I could go on and on. Desserts are my kryptonite!
4. What is the most played song on your Ipod/MP3 Player/Phone? My daughter’s Jim Brickman CD of lullabies.
5. When you were 10, what did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing anything close to what you wanted to do then? When I was 10, I wanted to be older. I wanted to go to college and get married. I wanted to make a difference in the world. Now 20 years later, I have been through college, am most happily married, have begun our beautiful family, and made a difference by teaching high school kids music for 6 years.
6. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
7. City or Country? Why? Since I have lived in both, I prefer the conveniences of the city: friends and church family nearby, grocery stores, doctors, gas stations all within 5 minutes or so, parks within walking distance. 8. Name one thing that you’re grateful for? Grace – receiving a gift I am unworthy of. I love it so much so that it’s my daughter’s middle name.
9. What/Who inspired you to start a Blog? My husband, Matt Stidham – find his blog at www.stidhammusic.com. He values and respects my opinions, talents, and optimism, and he encouraged me to begin a blog to share those things with others. 10. If you won a free vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? The beach – a beautiful beach. Maybe Destin, Florida. It was the last place we went on vacation before Baby Girl arrived. (Photo by Taylor Howard Photography.)
And the Sunshine Award nominations go to…
All of these bloggers have shared their hearts, their lives, their passions, their mistakes, their failures, and their triumphs. Each of these blogs has encouraged me in some way, nudging me further down the path to health and wellness.
Should you choose to accept this award, please answer the following questions:
1.) What passion inspired you to start writing your blog?
2.) Name the things that impede your progress in writing your blog posts.
3.) Who is your favorite historical character (secular or sacred)?
4.) What three things would you change immediately if you were made president?
5.) If you won a free shopping trip to the store of your choice, where would you go and what’s the first thing you would buy?
6.) Who is one Hollywood actor you would like to have lunch with (someone who is still living)?
7.) Name one skill you have that you really love.
8.) What moment in your life are you most proud of?
9.) What new food(s) have you tried recently? Did you like it or not?
10.) Describe your progress on your own journey toward health and wellness.