So in the quiet times when Pride&Joy is eating, I find myself lost in thought. This was one of the paths my mind went down the other day….
Things I’ve Learned from Having a Newborn in the House: My Advice to New Moms
- Your body can function on much less sleep than you ever imagined.
- Silence is golden.
- Accept help whenever possible.
- Take naps when you can.
- When it comes to food, the freezer and microwave are your best friends!
- Housework and cleaning can wait. A baby grows up too fast to waste time sweeping floors!
- Pamper yourself, if possible, even if it’s just taking a shower or blow drying your hair (some days, those are luxuries!). You will feel like a million bucks.
- Get dressed and put on your tennis shoes. You will feel better and be more productive than if you sit around in your pajamas and house shoes all day.
- You need days here and there where you stay in your pajamas and house shoes all day.
- Make time for your husband. You wouldn’t be a mama without him!
- Make lists for when you have rare free time. It will help you be more focused with what little, precious free time you have.
- Get your thank you notes written as soon as you can. Work on them little by little.
- Whenever we get out of debt and money is no longer an issue, I want to schedule a maid service for any new mothers in my life!
Now I know all of you have ideas of your own from your own experiences…let’s hear them!